Describe how the nurse prepares a patient for surgery or endoscopic procedure, including physical, psychological, and legal aspects.
A written summary of the clinical experience on OR unit during open surgery – appendectomy with everything done proper way without any complications
The written summary is to include the student’s thoughts and observations
1. Describe how the nurse prepares a patient for surgery or endoscopic procedure, including physical, psychological, and legal aspects.
2. Observe the care of the individual during the operation or procedure and determine the nursing priorities for the observed patients.
3. Identify the roles of the nurse in each phase of the perioperative or endoscopic period.
4. Describe the measures used to promote safety during the perioperative or endoscopic period. Including specific measures to protect the patient during the procedure.
5. Assist with the immediate care of the patient in the PACU or post procedure, if allowed.
A description of the type of surgery
b. Identification of two nursing diagnoses that apply to the patient
c. Describe the role of the circulating nurse
d. Describe the role of the scrub tech, if in the OR.
e. Describe the type of anesthesia administered to the patient and the patient’s response to the anesthetic
f. Describe the use of sterile technique in the operating room
g. Discuss how the dignity and privacy of the patient is maintained