Develop a personal awareness of complex organizational systems, and integrate values and beliefs withorganizational mission
Guidelines and Rubric
The purpose of this assignment is to learn how to identify and effectively manage conflicts that arise in care delivery settings resulting in better management of patient
care, including appropriate delegation. You will gain insight into conflict management strategies and develop a plan to collaborate with a potential nurse leader about the
conflict and its impact in a practice setting.
Completion of this assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes.
CO 1: Apply leadership concepts, skills, and decision making in the provision of high-quality nursing care, healthcare team management, and the oversight and
accountability for care delivery in a variety of settings. (PO 2)
CO3: Participate in the development and implementation of imaginative and creative strategies to enablesystems to change. (PO 7)
CO 6: Develop a personal awareness of complex organizational systems, and integrate values and beliefs withorganizational mission. (PO 7)
CO 7: Apply leadership concepts in the development and initiation of effective plans for the microsystems andsystem-wide practice improvements that will improve the
quality of healthcare delivery. (POs 2 and 3)
This assignmentis to be submitted to the Dropbox by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. MT, end of Week 3.
This assignment is worth 200 points.
1. Read Finkelman (2012), pp. 361–376.
2. Observe nurses in a care delivery setting. Identify a recurring conflict with the potential to negatively impact patient care. Decide if delegation was an issue in the
conflict. This should be from your practice setting or prelicensure experiences.
3. Provide details of what happened, including who was involved, what was said, where it occurred, and what was the outcome that led you to decide the conflict was
4. Identify the type of conflict. Explain your rationale for selecting this type.
5. Outline the four stages of conflict, as described in our text, and how they relate to your example.
6. Propose strategies to resolve the conflict. Search scholarly sources in the library and the Internet for evidence on what may be effective.
7. Discuss if delegation was an issue in the conflict. Be specific.
8. Describe how you would collaborate with a nurse leader to reach consensus on the best strategy to employ to deal with the conflict.
9. Describe the rationale for selecting the best strategy.
10. Provide a summary or conclusion about this experience or assignment and how you may deal with conflict more effectively in the future.
11. Write a 5–7 page paper (not including the title or References pages) using APA format that includes the following.
Ask a Question (https://www.hometaskguru.com/question/post)
Home (https://www.hometaskguru.com/) / Main Subjects (https://www.hometaskguru.com/browse/main)
/ Health Care (https://www.hometaskguru.com/browse/subject/19/Health-Care)
/ General Health Care (https://www.hometaskguru.com/browse/subcategory/253/General-Health-Care) / Question on General Health Care
Inappropriate content? Let us know. (https://www.hometaskguru.com/home/report/q/133008)
DeVry NR447 Week 3 Conflict Resolution Paper -January 2017
Asked by sharpie
Dated: 16th Mar’17 10:19 AM
Bounty offered: $27.00
Search for existing questions and tutorials…
Hello! How can I help you?
(Note: This is a paid service)
Type here and press enter..
Tutor Support – Online
Powered by tawk.to
10/10/2017 DeVry NR447 Week 3 Conflict Resolution Paper -January 2017 – SKU 133008
a. Describe an unresolved (recurring) conflict that you experienced or observed. Identify the type of conflict.
b. Provide details of what happened, including who was involved, what was said, where it occurred, and what was the outcome that led you to decide the conflict was
c. Outline the four stages of conflict, as described in Finkelman, and how the stages relate to your example. Decide if delegation was an issue in the conflict. Be specific.
d. Describe the strategies for conflict resolution and how you would collaborate with a nurse leader to resolve the conflict.Cites the course textbook and two scholarly
e. Provide a conclusion or summary about this experience and how you may deal with conflict more effectively in the future.
f. Submit to the Dropbox by the end of Week 3