Retrieve the following full text article from the Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature, or a similar research database: Thomas, L. (2009). Effective dyspnea management strategies identified by elders with end-stage chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Applied Nursing Research, 22(2), 79-85. Review the article, focusing on the design of the study. Consider the following appraisal questions in your critical review of this article.
1. What is the author’s rationale for using a mixed method for the study of this subject?
2. Discuss the link between the purpose of the study and the design?
3. Classify this study with respect to a) the intent of the researcher, b) the type of study, and c) the time dimension of the study.
4. What characteristics did this study possess that were quantitative in nature?
5. What characteristics did this study possess that were qualitative in nature?
6. Describe the reasons you think a mixed method approach was the most appropriate for this population and research goals.