1. There are three stages during inter phase. What are they and what is happening in the cell during each stage.
2. Explain why, knowing the basis of meiosis, why you may have features similar to a sibling or parent but you are not exactly the same.
3. What is karyotyping and how would this information be useful in the medical world. Give an example.
4. What differentiates a benign tumor from a malignant tumor?
5. The Supreme Court has heard a case in which one company, Myriad, had the patent rights to two genetic markers, BRCA 1 and BRCA 2. What are these markers to and why are they important in cancer diagnosis?
6. There are several checkpoints in the cell cycle during interphase. What are they, what role do they play and what happens to these checkpoints during cancer cell growth?