The CDC has assessed a number of successful worksite obesity prevention programs as part of the CDC’s LEAN Works! project. The complete list of toolkits can be found here:
Source: CDC’s Lean Works! A Workplace Obesity Prevention Program: CDC. Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/workplacehealthpromotion/
For your final Assignment you will review one of the following toolkits.
Building Healthy Texans : A Guide to lower health care costs and more productive employees
The Network for a Healthy California — Worksite Program.
In your Assignment, discuss the effectiveness of the selected program. Your paper should follow the format below and address the following questions:
• Provide a brief description of the toolkit you selected.
• According to the toolkit that you selected, why is it important to address obesity in the workplace or community? Provide specific examples if offered in the selected toolkit. You are encouraged to utilize additional sources beyond the toolkit.
• How does the toolkit that you selected incorporate other community stakeholders such as healthcare providers, schools, retail outlets, or public health departments to develop effective interventions targeting obesity or healthy changes? Provide examples offered in your selected toolkit.
• How could or how does the toolkit you selected address childhood obesity? Provide examples from the toolkit. If the toolkit does not specifically address childhood obesity, discuss why this issue is important to address.
• How does the toolkit you selected address motivational strategies for better health choices for its target audience? For example, incentives for participating in employer weight loss programs. Use specific examples from the toolkit.
• How does the toolkit you selected support overweight/obese individuals who face barriers to change? How does the program offer support to its target audience? Use specific examples from the toolkit.
Your analysis should be at least 2 pages in length (not including title and reference page), completed in APA 6th edition format. Your completed paper should follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.). Your writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful. Your work should display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics.