American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN). (2006). The essentials of doctoral education for advanced nursing practice. Retrieved from http://www.aacn.nche.edu/publications/position/DNPEssentials.pdf
A. Reflect on your practicum experiences. Drawing on your knowledge of systems thinking, what problems have you noticed in your practicum setting that may be related to systems issues?
B. How would you outline a viable approach to planning and implementing change to address a systems-related change? What are the essential steps and focal points from beginning to end? What is the role of leadership when it comes to change efforts? Think about the information presented in the Learning Resources, and consider insights you have gained that may be useful as you explore the process of intentional change. Conduct additional research using current literature to further your analysis.
C. Assess the professional growth (including leadership development) you have attained through your practicum experiences during previous courses in the DNP program.
D. Begin to develop your plan for the practicum, including two or three learning objectives.
WRITE A ONE PAGE that addresses the following:
2 REFERENCES – PEER REVIEW SCHOLARLY ARTICLES
1. Describe key aspects of your suggested approach to planning for and implementing change. What are two or three essential stepsor strategies that deserve particular attention as you strive to successfully translate evidence into practice? Provide your rationale.
2. Assess the influence of your practicum experiences on your professional growth. Identify areas for improvement to focus on during this course. Given what you have learned in previous courses and through your professional experiences, what questions or concerns do you have regarding how to identify and assess systems-related issues, as well as how to plan for and implement change?
3. Summarize your planned practicum experiences and how you expect these experiences to advance your professional skills. Support your choices with documented evidence from the AACN Essentials, professional standards, and specialty guidelines.
ASSIGNMENT 2-read carefully the instructions please READ CAREFULLY
TITLE: Practicum: Planning for the Practicum
The practicum experience provides a significant opportunity to cultivate your professional growth and development. What skills, attributes, or categories of knowledge do you most need or want to nurture? How would improving in these areas enable you to be a more effective leader? And how would that allow you to facilitate the translation of evidence into practice?
In your practicum experience for this course, you will examine the change process as it relates to the translation of evidence into practice. In addition, throughout your practicum experience you will pay close attention to the role of leadership in such endeavors and reflect on your own development of leadership competencies.
This week you develop a plan for your practicum.
I WILL BE DOING 3 DAYS A WEEK AT 8 HOURS EACH DAY WITH MY MENTOR
A. Review the information presented in the Learning Resources, and consider what approach you would use (including specific steps of the process) to plan for and implement an aggregate-level change that facilitates the translation of evidence into practice. Begin with the analytical process required to identify the change that needs to be made.*
B. Think about learning objectives that would guide your practicum hours, as well as the activities you will undertake to achieve those objectives. Draft two or three learningobjectives that are related to the AACN DNP Essentials, your practice area specialty competencies, and the focus of this course—planning for and implementing a sustainable change related to the translation of evidence into practice, as well as the development of leadership competencies to facilitate this.
Note: It is important to formulate a big-picture view of this process. In forthcoming Weeks you will work with your practicum mentor to examine a change already underway or previously accomplished, and identify an additional aggregate-level change you would like to propose. You are not required to implement this change, but you do need to select an idea that is feasible, based on evidence, and appropriate for your practicum setting.
TITLE: PLANNING: SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED INFECTIONS (STIs) and PREGNANCY PREVENTION AMONGS FEMALES TEENS
Write a 2 FULLpages paper that include the following:4 REFERENCES – PEER REVIEW SCHOLARLY ARTICLES
1. An outline or visual representation indicating how you would guide planning for and implementing change related to the translation of evidence into practice for your practicum setting
2. Two or three learning objectives(SEE BELOW THE LEARNING OBJECTIVES)for your practicum hours that are aligned to the AACN Essentials, your specialty area competencies, and the focus of this course (i.e., systems-related issues, translation of evidence into practice, intentional change, and leadership)
3. Key leadership and other activities you will undertake to fulfill your identified learning objectives
4. A proposed time line for accomplishing your practicum hours ( I WILL BE COMPLETING MY HOURS BY DOING 24 HOURS A WEEK)
HERE ARE THE LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
• Analyze approaches of planning for and implementing change
• Analyze strategies to translate evidence into practice
• Analyze the influence of practicum experiences on professional growth
• Develop practicum objectives aligned to the AACN Essentials, professional standards, and specialty guidelines
• Evaluate approaches for planning for and implementing change related to the translation of evidence into practice
PLEASE FOLLOW THESE EXAMPLES as a guide:
Identified PI Project: PREGNANCY/STIs PREVENTION
• Identification of Teenagers at risk for STIs/pregnancy
• Problem Statement:
o Committee evaluates the data and devises strategies to decrease the number of teenage pregnancy and STIs. There will be several assessments. This project would involve review of the literature, recommendation for STIs and pregnancy preventions, patient education, and measurement data post intervention.
o Reviewing the literature on how to decrease costs
• Key Elements:
o Pregnancy rates on the different social economic groups
o Assess the committee’s identification of all teenagers at risk for STIs
1. Create professional interaction and partnerships to facilitate evidence-based care and quality patient outcomes.
2. Develop evidence-based interventions that address health care disparities.
3. Demonstrate knowledge of healthcare financing within and across healthcare systems.
4. Create inter-professional collaborations to promote change in health care systems.
1. Build professional partnerships with unit staff nurses and leaders to promote trust and rapport (Course Objective # 1, 2 & 3; DNP Essentials I, II, IV, VI, VIII)
2. Examine COMMUNITY OUTREACH’s current STIs and Pregnancy prevention strategies and policies in the practice setting (Course Objective # 1 & 2; DNP Essentials I, II, IV, V, VI, VIII)
3. Examine the literature for evidence based fall prevention strategies (Course Objective # 1 & 2; DNP Essentials I, II, IV, VIII)
4. Develop guidelines and achievable, cost effective and innovative strategies for pregnancy and STIs prevention amongst teenagers based on empirical evidence (Course Objective # 1, 2, 3 & 4; DNP Essentials I, II, V,VI, VII).
The Essentials of Doctoral Education for Advanced Nursing Practice
1. Scientific Underpinnings for Practice
2. Organizational and Systems Leadership for Quality Improvement and Systems Thinking
3. Clinical Scholarship and Analytical Methods for Evidence-Based Practice
4. Information Systems/Technology and Patient Care Technology for the Improvement and Transformation of Health Care
5. Health Care Policy for Advocacy in Health Care
6. Inter-professional Collaboration for Improving Patient and Population Health Outcomes
7. Clinical Prevention and Population Health for Improving the Nation’s Health
8. Advanced Nursing Practice