A. Conduct a literature search to evaluate nursing care or management implications of a therapeutic nursing intervention by doing the following:
1. Identify a nursing care or management problem for a therapeutic nursing situation.
2. Complete the attached matrix to list 10 primary research sources (peer-reviewed articles) you locate in major medical databases.
Note: Submit your completed matrix as a separate attachment to the task.
Note: Credible sources may include professional journals, research reports, professional Web sites, governmental reports, current texts less than five years old, and presentations from professional meetings.
3. Conduct a review of the 10 peer-reviewed research articles in which you:
a. Develop an annotated bibliography (suggested length of 2-3 pages) of the articles.
Note: An annotated bibliography is one that includes not only a brief summary of content for each book or article reviewed, but also contains other relevant comments and information that the candidate believes can be of help for future study. See Web Links below for more information on annotated bibliographies.
b. Discuss whether the researchers present a case for the efficacy of a specified therapeutic approach. (1/2 page)
c. Identify whether the researchers chose tools that were similar or different. (1/2 page)
d. Discuss whether you believe the tools the researchers chose could have affected their results. (1/2 page)
4. Develop an evidence summary of the articles, identifying what key criteria were used to develop it (suggested length of 1/2-1 page).
5. Recommend a specific nursing strategy based on the theoretical models and evidence you found in your review (suggested length 1/2 page).
6. Explain why you believe it is important to use a theoretical model for nursing research (suggested length of 1/2–1 page).
B. If you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.