1) Choose a research study article of interest to you.
2) Refer to the study you choose and complete “Assessing a Research Study.”
3) Identify an article that directly references your chosen study and compare it to your findings. Does this article refute or confirm the study’s findings?
4) Write a paper (750-1,000 words) that analyzes and summarizes your findings.
5) Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
6) This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
Assessing a Research Study
Review the study components in the left-side column of the form below. Refer to the study you chose, and complete the data in the right-side column with the key components in that study.
How did the research question emerge from the review of literature in the article?
Identify and Define the Study Design Elements:
1. Quantitative vs. Qualitative:
2. Sample Size
3. Method of sample selection: Explanation.
4. Identify and define the experimental and control groups?
5. Reliable and valid data instruments? Explain.
What statistics were used?
Did the researchers’ conclusions make sense, did they answer the research question, and did they appear to flow from the review of the literature?
Did they explore control of extraneous variables?