Pollock and Rothko
1. Jackson Pollock and Rothko (pick one specific paintings for each)
2. Historical background of the period
3. Historical background of the artistic movement (Abstract Expressionism)
4. Artistâ??s biographical information for each works (each of them)
5. In-depth formal analysis (4 main points) about the compositional elements (each of them) ex. How figures are created and not created, uses the space, line, whatever the significant formal element is..
6. Critique of both artworks: a balanced discussion of why the movement/artist/artworks works/fails or both.