Discussion Activity: Orem, Roy, Neuman, Newman, and Rogers’s theories have been reviewed in your readings. You are to delve into each theory and consider how it has been reflected in your own practice experience. What are the pros and cons of the theories? Reflect on your readings and consider how theory guides practice today. What experiences have you had with any of these theories? What frustrations could you have applying this theory to practice? Are there any practice situations that lend themselves to the use of theories?
PLEASE ANSWER EACH QUESTION:
PLEASE ATTACH THE LINK FOR THE ARTICLE
1. Select one theory from your readings this week.
2. Locate one research article that describes its application to nursing practice. (Be sure to upload your article file or attach a link to your posting.)
3. Provide your thoughts on the relevance of the theory to your practice by providing examples.
Discuss how your selected theory links nursing and spiritual care when providing interventions for patient care.
4. Address any deficiencies and challenges you see in the theory.
5. Where can this theory be best utilized? Least utilized?
PLEASE USE THIS BOOK AS ONE OF THE REFERENCES
Parker, M., & Smith, M. (2010). Nursing theories & nursing practice (3rd ed.). Philadelphia: F. A. Davis Company.
Parker, M., & Smith, M. (2010). Nursing theories & nursing practice (3rd ed.). Philadelphia: F. A. Davis Company.ES