What are the advantages and disadvantages of relying on debt for capital financing?
1. Describe the four primary purposes of a professional strategic financial management function in an organization.
2. Describe the principal responsibilities of the corporate finance department of a modern professionally-run organization.
3. List and briefly explain the most important sources of capital financing for both for-profit and not-for-profit corporations.
4. What are the advantages and disadvantages of relying on debt for capital financing?
5. What are the advantages and disadvantages of relying on equity for capital financing?
6. Explain the concept of “capital structure” and its relevance to the strategic financial management.
7. Define the term “creditworthiness” and explain its importance to the purposes of strategic financial management.
8. What are some of the factors that credit rating firms take into account in assigning ratings to individual businesses?
9. Discuss the interplay between maintenance of a business’s creditworthiness and investment of its capital funds in often risky strategies.
10. Review some of the mistakes that are often made in managing the financial component of strategic planning and managem