The Role of the Community and Public Health Nurse
This week, your Instructor assigned you a chapter in the course textbook that discussed the role of the public health nurse in a specific setting.Based on your assigned chapter and bearing in mind the primary prevention focus of the community/public health nurse, respond to the following:
What differentiates the role of the community and public health nurse from other health professionals?
What skills and knowledge are necessary for the type of decision making inherent in population-focused nursing practice?
How do these skills differ from those required in the institutional setting?
Support your response with references from the professional nursing literature.
Post your response by Day 3 of this week.
Respond by Day 7 to at least two of your colleagues’ postings in one or more of the following ways:
• Ask a probing question.
• Expand on the colleague’s posting.
• Offer polite disagreement or critique, supported with evidence.
In addition to, but not in place of, the above you may:
• Offer and support an opinion.
• Validate an idea with your own experience.
• Make a suggestion or comment which guides or facilitates the Discussion.