1) Which of the following is NOT a type of need studied in a needs assessment?
2) Which type of assessment aims to answer the questions of: what are the population health problems, and what resources are locally available to address those health problems?
Community health assessment
Patient needs assessment
3) At which level of the public health pyramid would an assessment be most likely to involve an epidemiological approach with attention to describing the magnitude of various health problems?
Direct health care services
4) Briefly explain the difference between the terms target population, target audience and recipient audience.
5) The epidemiological needs assessment model and the public health needs assessment model are both weak in what way?
6) What term is used to describe the resources that individuals collectively have in the form of their social networks, and which needs assessment model would look at those resources?
7) List the five steps involved with conducting a community health assessment.
8) What content needs to be added to the following diagnosis statement in order to it to be complete?
9) Type II diabetes among overweight African American children between the ages of 6 and 11 who reside in West Humboldt Park, as indicated by the high rate of elevated fasting blood sugar levels, accessed via local clinic records, is related to the overabundance of fast food restaurants and lack of safe public space for exercise in the West Humboldt Park community.
10) Of the five community health assessment data collection principles, which step involves being inclusive and empowering?
11) A procedure used to collect data that describes the needs and strengths of a specific group, community, or populations is a ____________________.
12) Briefly provide two reasons to involve community members in implementing a community health assessment.
True or False
13) In all circumstances the focus should not be on involving community members in a community health assessment. TRUE or FALSE.
14) A program planner or evaluator must be concerned about bias in the community health assessment. TRUE or FALSE
15) In some cases, it is not feasible to collect primary data for a community health assessment because of limited resources. In that case, no assessment is done TRUE or FALSE